A conversation around Pennsylvania

Burgh: Would you lend me your Pennsylvania?
Vania: You're the Pittsburgh, you never remember anything!
Burgh: Quite Franklin, I don't agree. Only last week you ate half of my Philadelphia because you'd forgotten your lunch.
Vania: OK, OK! Corry about that, I'm a bit edgy coz Arnold's getting on my nerves, again. Grab your Coatesville, let's eat out!
Burgh: Chester minute, I'll finish this and I'll be right with you.
Vania: Harrisburg! We'll miss the bus!
Burgh: I think we should walk, I'm worried about my Carbondale footprint.
Vania: OK, we'll go to King of Prussia, it's cheap and it's close.
(later)
Waiter:  Can I take your order, please?
Vania: I'll have the Aliquippa, please.
Burgh: And I'll have the green salad Altoona, please
Waiter: I'm sorry, sir, we have no tuna today.
Burgh: What a Shamokin!  Well, make it the chicken DuBois, then.
Waiter: Anything to drink?
Vania: We'll have a bottle of Hermitage 2006, please.
Burgh: Sorry, Vania, I'm off the alcohol, I'm taking medication. Make mine a Nanticoke, please.
Vania: I'll have a Scranton lite, then, please, ice and lemon.
(Waiter leaves)
Vania: What's up with you?
Burgh: Oh, nothing much, got an infection in my Lower Burrell, antibiotics for two weeks.
Vania: That doesn't Sunbury pleasant to me.
Burgh (abruptly changing the subject): Don't look now but Jeanette Beaver's just walked in with Mr. Wilkes Barre, do you think they're up to a bit of Williamsport?
Vania: I wouldn't be suprised, Beaver Falls for anything that smells of megadollars.
Burgh: But he's Erie and besides look at his hair: Oil City!  Apparently, he tried to Lock Haven in the paper cupboard last week and I heard from Lancaster that he's into McKeesport.
Vania: These rich people always are, I bet he'll take her to his New Castle and try to Monongahela from behind.
Burgh: What, you mean Parker in the Warren?  Do you think he still can at his age? 
Vania: Well, Beaver's no St Marys herself and I woudn't define her behind as Titusville, either, so it won't be too hard.  Eat your Greensburg, they'll do you good!
Burgh: If I were her, I'd give myself a thorough Washington after a night of Uniontown with him.
Vania: I don't know if it'd be so bad, I'd go to Lebanon with him if he promised to buy me a New Kensington.
Burgh: York kidding!

3 comments:

  1. jajaja! Harrisburg! York kidding!
    It's great! Very funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot this one, this one is the best: he'll take her to... and try to Monongahela from behind.
    You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eva!!! It takes a genius to recognise one!!! ;-)

      Delete